Monday, July 12, 2010

A Little Bummed...

This past month was my first cycle of fertility meds. Strangely, everything seemed to be working out perfectly. I even ovulated right on time! Unfortunately, I had blood work done today, and we found out that I am not pregnant. As much as I try not to let myself get upset, I always get emotional over this stuff. I will continue to pray and know that everything happens under God's timing. (That last part has been the hardest thing for me to come to terms with, but I'm working on it).


This may seem a little random, but I was watching Oprah today, and she said something that really hit home. This quote is paraphrased, but she said:

‎"It all boils down to one thing: our relationship with God. It's all that really matters. Surrender and stop resisting. Stop trying to change that which you cannot change. Be fully open to the blessings that you have already received and those that have yet to come to you. Stand in that space of gratitude. Look at where you are, how far you've come, and who you are. When you can see that, your life will change."


2 comments: