Thursday, July 22, 2010

Thankful Thursday

I've been doing a lot of thinking lately about our future. My thoughts have been consumed with us having children (or never being able to). 

"What if I never get pregnant?" "What if we have to adopt?" "If I get pregnant, will I continue to work full time?" "Who will watch our kids while we work?" "When will we move into a bigger house?"

Then it hit me. I've been so busy worrying about the blessing that I'm waiting on, that I haven't been enjoying all of the blessings I've already received!

I thought I would take a few minutes to give thanks for some of the blessings that have already come my way.

I'm thankful for....

*My family who loves me for the person that I am. 

*My husband- He has shown me the true meaning of love. :)

*My friends - I have friends that are always there for me and they would do anything for me.

*My dogs - They show me unconditional love every day.

*My job- Even though I hate my job sometimes, I'm thankful to have a career that always me to do something that I love AND get compensated really well. Also, my job provides me with incredible insurance that is paying for 80% of my fertility treatments!

*My church- I'm thankful that we found a church that we love- one that is bringing us closer in our relationship with God.

I could go on and on. And when you think about it, that's not a bad thing!

    "Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever."












1 comment:

  1. I admire your positivity Jennifer! Sometimes it is definitely hard to appreciate and be thankful for what you have when your mind is clouded with thoughts of what you don't have. Love your blog and best of luck to you both!

    ReplyDelete